Blogging has been a major part of my routine for quite some time now. As you may have noticed, I haven't posted anything new for a while. Why? I have about 2,892 posts floating around in my head, but let me give you a few tidbits about life lately:
- Bought our first house
- Attended a conference in Florida
- Painted every interior wall of the house
- Painted the brown, wooden trim white throughout the house (2 coats of primer + 2 coats of paint = approximately 45,000 hours of painting)
- Moved out of an apartment and into the house
- Worked on house projects
- Learned that the adoption agency we wanted to work with has stopped accepting applications for now (which is good for the families on the waiting list, but bad for us)
- Met our puppy
- Enjoyed having my parents visit for a week
- Took day trips to several locations
- Searched thrift stores and antique shops with my mom
- Decorated many of the bare walls in our house
- Brought home our puppy
- Instantly became sleep deprived
- Found flea on puppy (EEEWWW!!)
- Flea-bombed, laundered, and scrubbed everything in sight
- Took puppy outside as often as possible in hopes of keeping floor clean and dry
- Cleaned floor over and over and over again...
- Taught now-flealess puppy to sit and to fetch
- Snuggled with the cutest puppy known to man
- Learned that the informational meeting at our back-up adoption agency has been postponed another week
Whew! Is that enough to justify a blogging sabbatical?
Like I said, I have a lot of posts floating around in my head. They will be coming at you soon, but for now, just look at this adorable little life-disrupter.